APRIL 8, 2019
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
Work Companion takes customer and user privacy very seriously and asks for only the information that is necessary and is essential for doing business, or for the specific transaction, process or step at hand. We let our customers know what information of theirs we store and have controls in place to allow them to opt out of specific engagements. Work Companion does not share Customer’s personal information that personally identifies the Customer with advertiser’s, such as Customer name or email, unless the Customer asks us to. Work Companion will not share, distribute, review or refer any Customer data i.e. host data and information. The customer data is used or reviewed only in case it is required for any support issue, resolving any problem or if required by Law as per mentioned in terms of services. Customers are expected to bear the responsibility of keeping the user id and password secure and confidential.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY WORK COMPANION
Work Companion collects information about the customer only if it is required for a legitimate purpose. Work Companion will only have information about you if (a) It has been provided by the Customer themselves, (b) Work Companion has automatically collected the information, or (c) Work Companion has obtained the information through a third party.
Here is a detailed list of various ways we use for information collection :
- Account Sign-up/Registration: Work Companion collects information from their Customers when they register at Work Companion or WoCo. The sign-up is required at the time of creating a WoCo account, using any of our services or promotion. Work Companion collects general information including your name, Email address and password of your WoCo account.
- Event registrations and other form submissions :Work Companion records information that you submit when you (a) register for any event, including webinars or seminars, (b) subscribe to our newsletter or any other mailing list, (c) submit a form in order to download any product, whitepaper, or other materials, (d) participate in contests or respond to surveys, or (e) submit a form to request customer support or to contact Work Companion for any other purpose.
- Referrals :If someone has referred any of our products or services to you through any of our referral programs, that person may have provided us your name, email address and other personal information. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove your information from our database. If you provide us information about another person, or if another person gives us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
- Payment Processing :When the customer opts to use any of our services that requires a payment to be made from the customer, we ask to provide the customer name, contact information, and credit/debit card information or other payment account information. When the customer submits their card information, we store the name and address of the cardholder, the expiry date and the last four digits of the credit/debit card number. Work Companion does not store the actual credit/debit card information. For quick processing of future payments, if the customer has given us their approval, we may store the credit/debit card information or other payment information in an encrypted format in the secure servers of our Payment Gateway Service Providers.
- Information from browsers, devices and servers :When you visit our websites, web- applications Work Companion collects information that web browsers, mobile devices and servers make available, such as the internet protocol address, browser type, language preference, time zone, referring URL, date and time of access, operating system, mobile device manufacturers and mobile network information. We include these in our log files to understand more about visitors to our websites and our application users.
- Information from application logs and mobile analytics :We collect information about your use of our products, services and mobile applications from application logs and in-house usage analytics tools, and use it to understand how your business use and needs can improve our products. This information includes clicks, scrolls, features accessed, access time and frequency, errors generated, performance data, storage utilized, user settings and configurations, and devices used to access and their locations.
- Information from social media sites and other publicly available sources:When you interact or engage with Work Companion on social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram through posts, comments, questions and other interactions, we may collect such publicly available information, including profile information, to allow us to connect with you, improve our products, or better understand user reactions and issues. Please note that once collected, this information may be retained with us even if you delete it from the referred social media channels.Work Companion may also add and update information about you, from other publicly available sources.
PURPOSES FOR USING YOUR INFORMATION
We at Work Companion process the information for multiple purposes in order to provide the best of our services and results to our Customers/users. This information is processed for:
- Aggregation of patterns, trends and statistics of the customers/users.
- Audit, research and analysis for protection, maintenance and improvement of our products and services.
- Use of data for marketing. However, at any point, the data will Not be shared with any third party without the express consent of the user from time to time.
- Personalisation of offers, products and services offered by Work Companion to our registered customers/users from time to time and to keep our customers posted for new products and services, upcoming events, offers, promotions and other information that might be of interest to the customer/user.
- Improvement in overall services and products by conducting market research to analyse market trends, customer/user demographics etc to perform data analysis.
- To understand how customers/users use our products and services, to monitor and prevent problems and issues, and to improve our products and services.
- To provide customer support, and to analyze and improve our interactions with customers/users.
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, to report spam, and to protect the rights and interests of Work Companion, WoCo’s users, third parties and the public.
- To update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to the customer/user;
- To analyze trends, administer our websites, and track visitor navigations on our websites to understand what visitors are looking for and to better help them;
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION FOR LEGAL REASONS
Work Companion may disclose Customer’s Personal Information if Work Companion has a good-faith belief that such disclosure is absolutely necessary to :
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect and prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect and defend against harm to the rights or property of Work Companion, our users or the public as required or permitted by law. Work Companion reserves the right to combine Anonymous information with Personal Information that the customers actively submit or other form of information obtained through technological means to identify you.
INFORMATION ACCESS AND UPDATE RIGHTS
Work Companion gives the customer the access to the information which they have provided and which Work Companion has collected through customer interactions with us at www.woco.co.in or any of our social media platforms for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information by emailing us to email@example.com
If you’ve already shared with us any personal information, then as a Data Subject when you’ve any queries related to data privacy, you may raise your queries by emailing us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Every customer at WoCo may edit or update the registration information or any other information by editing the user record. Customer must login to the relevant website or application for updating the information in user profile. Employees of an organisation may get the registration information through their HR or System Administrator. Please send an email to email@example.com , if you want to discontinue your account. Your request for accessing, changing or deleting the information will be considered within 10 working days.
PERSONAL INFORMATION OF MINORS
Work Companion does not sell products for purchase by minors. If you are under 18, you may use www.woco.co.in or any of our websites, web applications or mobile applications only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 without the consent of the parent or guardian.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The section titles in this Policy are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Some of the services may be subject to additional terms and conditions regarding privacy and use of information. Customer’s use of those services is subject to those terms and conditions, which are incorporated into this Policy by reference. In the event of an inconsistency between this Policy and any additional posted conditions, the provisions of the additional conditions shall control.